Simply put, a lot happened in 2010.
So as 2010 winds down, let’s take a look back at some of the best articles, stories and posts that came out from this past year.
Top 20 Most Popular Posts of 2010
1. 100 Great Resources for Cinematographers, Camera Assistants, and Film Professionals
2. Arri Alexa Pace 3D System Steadicam Rig for Transformers 3 (w/Video)
3. Toolkit: Useful Cinematography iPhone Apps to Have on Set (Part 2)
4. Toolkit: Useful Cinematography iPhone Apps to Have on Set (Part 1)
5. Toolkit: Useful Cinematography iPhone Apps to Have on Set (Part 3)
6. The French New Wave: A Cinematic Revolution
7. 10 Things Every Camera Assistant Should Know About the RED Camera
8. RED Epic and Scarlet Cameras By End of 2010?
9. Tookit DIY: How to Build a Tag Board for a Slate/Clapperboard
10. Peter Jackson’s Red One Mysterium-X Sensor Tests
11. Top 5 Directors Doing Digital Cinema Filmmaking the Right Way
12. First HDRx Footage from RED Epic Digital Cinema Camera
13. Toolkit DIY: Cheap Follow Focus Solutions
14. Roger Deakins on Digital Cinema and Arri Alexa
15. Fight Club as a Film and Novel: A Copy of a Copy of a Copy
16. Explaining IMAX (Infographic)
17. RED One Camera Reports Download
18. Interview with Director Josh Davidson of ‘Dead Island’
19. On Set: Shooting with the Arri Alexa (with Video)
20. ‘Below the Beltway’ to Air on The Movie Channel, Showtime
It seems like this year, readers of this blog were excited for new technology from major players in the digital cinema game like RED and Arri with its new Alexa. They were also intrigued by the work of one filmmaker to shoot a feature on an iPhone and other filmmakers using new digital tools in the best way. But above all, readers were hungry for information – resources and how-to’s – knowledge that is practical on set and can lead to better work.
2011 should produce a different list, though one that I hope holds the same principles as this – a yearning for better ways to maximize hard work as filmmakers. Thank you for a great 2010 and a happy new year to all!
Didn’t see your favorite post make it in? Let me know in the comments what you liked best this year!