At The Black and Blue, comments and discussion are important. Nothing helps embolden our community more than a healthy conversation amongst its members.
That said, sometimes that conversation turns ugly, especially on the Internet. We expect all readers of this site to adhere to this comment policy or face consequences. There are no exceptions.
By commenting on The Black and Blue, you agree to this comment policy.
If you do not agree with any part of this policy, do not comment. There are plenty of other places on the web, specifically social media sites, where you can continue your own discussion if you do not agree with our policies.
We don’t have many rules, but the ones we do have are simple:
- Keep the conversation civil and on topic
- If your comment doesn’t add to the conversation, it will be removed
- Debate intelligently and thoughtfully
- Personal attacks and insults against the author or other commenters will result in comment removal and possible blacklisting. Warnings are given at the discretion of moderators.
- Any links inside a comment will go into moderation before being posted. Spam is not allowed
- Typing in all capital letters is discouraged is it is considered rude
- Commenters are encouraged to flag comments they feel violate this policy
We know comments are valuable and many readers enjoy them. But we feel they are stronger when they are well-informed and adhere to these rules. We can’t thank you enough for the passion and enthusiasm that comes through when leaving comments.
This policy is subject to change without notice and moderators reserve the right to ban and remove comments and commenters at their discretion without notice.