There are some major players in this group, including Conrad Hall, Roger Elswit and Roger Deakins aka the Deaks.
- Amélie: Bruno Delbonnel, ASC, AFC
- Children of Men: Emmanuel Lubezki, ASC, AMC
- Saving Private Ryan: Janusz Kaminski
- There Will Be Blood: Robert Elswit, ASC
- No Country for Old Men: Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC
- Fight Club: Jeff Cronenweth, ASC
- The Dark Knight: Wally Pfister, ASC
- Road to Perdition: Conrad L. Hall, ASC
- Cidade de Deus (City of God): César Charlone, ABC
- American Beauty: Conrad L. Hall, ASC
The ASC conducted the poll through their magazine and garnered over 17,000 votes for the final. Said winner Bruno Delbonnel, ASC, “These are some of the finest cinematographers, and I’m not sure I deserve to be among them, but I am very happy to be. They are all explorers.”
For the full list of winners and nominees head on over to the ASC’s website.