The post may be old, but it’s brand new to you, right?
Over the course of three years, I’ve published almost 400 posts on The Black and Blue and there’s tons of useful information on the site — so whether you’re looking for an old post or new information, you’ve come to the right place.
Browse by category, date, or by using the search box below:
2012: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2011: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2010: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2009: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2008: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2007: Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
There are many different categories to explore. Besides a small description, I’ve also provided links to the most popular articles in each category.
Tips, tricks and advice about camera assisting
- 5 Ways the Camera Department Can Help Avoid “Fix It In Post” Headaches
- 100 Great Resources for Cinematographers, Camera Assistants, and Film Professionals
- Deciphering the Film Slate (Part 1): What to Write on a Clapperboard
- The 7 Stupidest Assumptions You Can Make When Rigging Your Camera
- What Can You Do to Save Time, Be Faster and Improve Your Efficiency as a Camera Assistant?
The latest going-ons in the film industry
Tips and advice covering a variety of topics
Stories from the front line of film productions